ENCOUNTERING RECRUITMENT: Sept 26 call for organizers
What is happening in your community to generate positive alternatives for youth attracted to the military?
"It's encouraging to know there are people around the country facing the same things I am, and to hear how they are responding!" -- recent participant
ENCOUNTERING (MILITARY) RECRUITMENT
On Earth Peace regularly sponsors national networking calls as an opportunity for networking and mutual support among those working on military recruitment in their communities (and all its related issues -- poverty, lack of opportunity). These calls are a place to connect to a broader community of organizers, a place to receive a boost of inspiration and offer advice, and a place to provide each other with practical tips and spiritual support.
ANNOUNCING SEPTEMBER NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY
"Clarifying Vision, Strength for the Journey: Setting Goals for the Fall"
This networking call for organizers responding to military recruitment
will take place on Wednesday, September 26, 1:00-2:30PM Eastern.
Contact mattguynn @ earthlink.net to reserve a spot!
Here's what you can expect:
- A chance to share about your hopes and experiences with truth-in-recruiting organizing, with several others from around the country;
- Christian theological and scriptural reflection on resisting recruitment and offering positive alternatives to youth;
- Highlights of recent resources and new developments in the truth-in-recruiting movement;
- Reflection on themes and common challenges that emerge from the call;
- The introduction of a strategy tool to help make your organizing more powerful. In September's call, we will focus on using goal-setting and campaign-building as paths toward the most powerful fall possible for your organizing efforts.
Our calls are especially focused on supporting those working from the basis of Christian faith, although all are warmly welcomed to participate. On Earth Peace is the peace education and action agency of the Church of the Brethren.
There will be eight slots available for the call. We have found it best to limit the number of participants in order to deepen the sharing and conversation that can take place.
Please send an e-mail to mattguynn @ earthlink.net or call 503-775-1636 to reserve a slot for the next calls!
Coordinator of Peace Witness, On Earth Peace
Peace Minister, Living Peace Church of the Brethren